Hi! We are Joe, Sally, Caleb, and Ella--and hoping and praying to add another little one to our family through the miracle of adoption. Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, May 13

Best Birthday Week Start Ever.

I turned 31 on May 3rd. Wow, time doesn't slow for anyone. I almost have my first real job, too. ;) Just one more year. That'll be nice.

I really had a great week. Growing up with 6 siblings, it was fairly common to have 2 or 3 different family members have activities on your actual birthday which sometimes made it difficult to make the actual birthday special. So, my mom came up with the tradition of a birthday week. That way special things were done all week and birthdays that got overshadowed by other family obligations sometimes weren't anticlimactic. Sally has thankfully picked up the habit. It's pretty fun.

My birthday week kicked off with me coming home to Caleb, Ella, and Sally's drawings posted on the front door declaring "Happy Birthday, Dad!" to the whole neighborhood. When I walked in I was greeted by truly happily screaming children overjoyed to see me. Wow, talk about a good start to the week! They had no idea how awesome that made me feel. :) That was immediately followed by Caleb yelling and running to my bedroom, "Dad, come see your present!" which command I of course promptly obeyed knowing full well that Sally probably hadn't intended on giving me the gift until Thursday. (Haha! I love having kids! ;) That was a true assumption, but by the time I got in my bedroom Caleb was already lifting up the covers hanging around the bottom of the bed and trying to pull my present out. It was an exciting moment, especially for Caleb. Sally was smart enough to keep one present separate though (new game, "Bohnanza") to give me on my actual big day.

Here are some random pictures to spice up this post a bit.

 This is what I turned around to see on the way home from my brother's house on the night before Easter. Pretty great moment to see your kiddo's being best friends. :)

Shopping with Daddy is a bit different than shopping with Mommy. We tried everything on.      :)


Posts without pictures are kind of boring, aren't they? We'll have none of that here anymore. :D